Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSXE's FFXIII-2 poll
Not sure if you guys caught the poll results or not, but you can find them here.

Here are the results if you don't wanna click.

The question was asked, "On a scale of 1-5, how psyched are you for FFXIII-2?"

There were 1319 votes.

The results were

5- It'll be mine on launch day! - 17%

4- Definitely play it at some point. -11%

3- I might play it... will wait and see -14%

2- Probably won't play it. -10%

1- Not interested at all -49%

What do you guys think? Early reviews seem to like the game alright. Many claim it fixes what ailed the former title.

I personally voted for 4 - definitely play it at some point. If it's good, I'll play it eventually. But I'm not exactly psyched for it. It's actually the first FF game in a decade and a half that I haven't already made plans to buy it day one. I just find myself indifferent towards it, which is strange for a long time fan.

Based on what we've seen and heard, does anyone here feel it'll be worth playing? Does anyone think it's a good step in making jRPG's legitimate again? Is the monster capturing a good idea? Do the characters even interest you?

I'd love to hear what both fans of FF think as well as the folks, like Beamboom, who have never been into them before.

My impression is that most will feel luke-warm. But if FFXIII-2 apparently fixes all the problems we've had with the first, why is the reception still luke-warm? Will the game be a success? And if not, would FFX HD do better?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm curious about what everyone thinks.
[Image: 1.png]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Go Jays! Go Raptors! Go.... JETS! (sorry leafs. Not interested.)

Jays 2012. I'm callin' it right now.
I've not even paid it any attention, that's how little interest I have in the game. FF13 was a waste of the twenty-five hours I sank into it so I'm probably done with the setting, especially as I didn't finish the first game so didn't see the story through to its conclusion. I've yet to play any Final Fantasy sequel or spin-off though so it's not as much of a condemnation as it could be. I'll probably return for FF15, but not before.
Underdog015 (selectively quoted) Wrote:I'd love to hear what both fans of FF think
Hey now, even I think it's a little harsh to suggest Final Fantasy only has two fans left Big Grin
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:Hey now, even I think it's a little harsh to suggest Final Fantasy only has two fans left Big Grin

you totally took that out of context. :mad:

I would NEVER suggest they have that many! :evil::evil::evil:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am offline at home atm so I havent had a chance to try the demo yet. Im not so sure about this pet collection thing but Ill not pass judgements until Ive at least tried the demo.

That said, I am so severly burnt by ff13 so the sequel will have a tough job to convince me. But Ill definitely give the demo a spin.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
Would you read the second volume to a book you hated? Watch a sequel to a film you loath? For me, I know the answer is no.
[Image: sig.gif] [Image: 1261982699147.jpg]
Hideki Kamiya (Creator of the original Devil May Cry) said that he doesn't consider smoking to look cool, so he didn't make Dante a smoker.
[Image: not-my-dante.png?1]
I have absolutely zero interest in this game. I never finished X-2 despite FFX being one of my favorite games of all time, because FF sequels are stupid to begin with. I doubt one based on an already lame game is going to change my opinion of that.
Spartan119 Wrote:I have absolutely zero interest in this game. I never finished X-2 despite FFX being one of my favorite games of all time, because FF sequels are stupid to begin with. I doubt one based on an already lame game is going to change my opinion of that.

You have experience in professional gaming reviews, and maybe you have some insight on how developers view reception. (Maybe it's changed in recent years, too, I don't know)

Do you think it would mean anything to SE if FFX HD did better than FFXIII-2? Or maybe it would just be chalked up to FFXIII-2 being a sequel?

and perhaps a better question,

If this game does poorly, will it have an adverse affect to the future of jRPG's? (As it is, admittedly, trying to innovate, misguided or not)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Underdog015 Wrote:You have experience in professional gaming reviews, and maybe you have some insight on how developers view reception. (Maybe it's changed in recent years, too, I don't know)

Do you think it would mean anything to SE if FFX HD did better than FFXIII-2? Or maybe it would just be chalked up to FFXIII-2 being a sequel?

and perhaps a better question,

If this game does poorly, will it have an adverse affect to the future of jRPG's? (As it is, admittedly, trying to innovate, misguided or not)

I don't think any one game's sales would profoundly impact the genre all that much, but given that Final Fantasy is pretty much the de facto flagship franchise of the entire genre, if there is a franchise that can have a notable effect this is it. I think the better question is if this game does poorly, after the disaster that was FFXIV, would Square begin to reevaluate the future of the franchise? Like any company they're only going to keep making these so long as they remain profitable enough to justify it, and if the Final Fantasy franchise itself goes away, then yeah I could see that having an adverse effect on JRPGs.

I don't think that's going to be the case, though. I'm sure the game will sell just fine, and that the franchise will be around for awhile.
I did enjoy XIII I liked most of the characters and the story was ok. XIII-2 is no longer linear but the problem is Noel and Serah as your party. Lightning and Fang rocked in the first game. Im not bothered by monsters in your party because I find it slightly interesting but I might not like it after I start playing. I already preordered it I do want to see through til the end.
bebestorm Wrote:I did enjoy XIII I liked most of the characters and the story was ok. XIII-2 is no longer linear but the problem is Noel and Serah as your party. Lightning and Fang rocked in the first game. Im not bothered by monsters in your party because I find it slightly interesting but I might not like it after I start playing. I already preordered it I do want to see through til the end.

Personally I found Lightning to be the single most annoying lead character of any FF game ever. I mean seriously what a bitch. Fang always kinda struck me as a poor man's Lulu, too. Snow was every d-bag frat boy I ever met in college, and Vanille could never seem to decide where she was from.

The only character in FFXIII I really liked was Sazh, despite Square's best efforts to remind us that Japan mostly still sees black people as stereotypical caricatures.

One of my biggest problems with the game, aside from the brutal linearity of it, was that it had the most unlikable cast of any FF game I ever played. I probably could have gotten over the linearity of the game, and the constant hand holding, if I'd cared about any of the characters besides Sazh, but I just didn't, so to me the idea of seeing any of them again is not that appealing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Predict PSXE's score for Killzone 2 Ryan H. 0 3,881 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  "The PSXE Resistance" TheWorldEnds 0 1,700 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  God Of War III/FFXIII Release... Luan 0 1,890 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  FFXIII demo chicko1983 0 4,706 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  FFXIII Pre-Order Soultaker 0 2,548 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Poll : PSP Accessories you'd like to see. TheHighlander 0 2,129 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS3 internet browser psxe fix LowKey 0 1,729 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  POLL: Favorite Killzone 2 Multiplayer Weapon mackid1993 0 2,567 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  POLL: What You Will Do First In Uncharted 2 mackid1993 0 2,698 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  POLL:What is Your Opinion of U2AT? mackid1993 0 4,462 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: