Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The PS4 News Thread
Okay I guess it's just the multiplayer part that is confusing me with the trophy syncing feature which you don't need a PS+ subscription for the PS4.
Even with an Xbox Live silver account your achievements are all synced with the global servers, you can access your friends list and send messages and everything, you just can't access any of the subscriber-only services.

PS+ will likely work the same, except this time around the trophy syncing will happen automatically and instantly in the background instead of you having to manually do it, because the PS3 just wasn't built with that kind of functionality in mind.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
"PS+ will likely work the same, except this time around the trophy syncing will happen automatically and instantly in the background instead of you having to manually do it, because the PS3 just wasn't built with that kind of functionality in mind." Well put.
Essentially you will have to pay to get a platinum, what a world we live in.
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
TheWorldEnds Wrote:Essentially you will have to pay to get a platinum, what a world we live in.
Eh? :nosense:
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
TheWorldEnds Wrote:Essentially you will have to pay to get a platinum, what a world we live in.

Really? Then that really f****** sucks.

and YES you can get a "platinum" with out having to pay a dime :/
(I have NO idea where you got that from ????)

"Sony has confirmed that "NOT" every multiplayer game for the PlayStation 4 will require PlayStation Plus, as publishers will be able to decide what happens with free-to-play titles.
In an interview with Polygon, SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that this would be the case before revealing that Sony Online Entertainment has already decided its MMOs won't require players to have a PS Plus subscription.
"As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it’s a publisher’s decision whether they put it inside or outside of the PlayStation Plus requirements," he said.
Free-to-play games for the PlayStation 4 that won't require you to have a PlayStation Plus subscription are currently confirmed to include DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2, Blacklight: Retribution and Warframe."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/p...ds-ps-plus
.~ I'm Just A Dreamer, I Dream My Life Away ~.
Presumably World is talking about games that have trophies for the online multiplayer. If you can't get those without paying for a PS+ subscription then you do need to pay something before you can get the platinum.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Well isn't that why a bunch of games let you get plat even without the multiplayer trophies?

On a side note. PS Home. No one has talked about that in ages, on the PS4 I'm sure it'll carry over. Do you think it'll actually be 1.0 version or still in 'beta'? haha
[URL="http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/legendarywolfeh"]
[Image: LegendaryWolfeh.png?1281302735679]
[/URL]
GreenHorn Wrote:In an interview with Polygon, SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that this would be the case before revealing that Sony Online Entertainment has already decided its MMOs won't require players to have a PS Plus subscription.
"As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it’s a publisher’s decision whether they put it inside or outside of the PlayStation Plus requirements," he said.
Free-to-play games for the PlayStation 4 that won't require you to have a PlayStation Plus subscription are currently confirmed to include DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2, Blacklight: Retribution and Warframe."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/p...ds-ps-plus

Aha! Now this is the entire answer to the question we discussed in another thread regarding paying two fees for playing MMORPGs with a monthly fee.

Looks like Sony uses their head in this case too. I gotta say, I'm lovin' it.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gaming News The Benny (Macho) 1,809 207,111 03-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  SquareEnix DKΣ3713 Event - News Speculations Zapix 28 7,528 08-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 2,345 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  isnt it about time we had some bad news about GTA4? dillonthebunny 17 2,088 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  EA= bad news for Bad Company? dillonthebunny 11 1,946 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Any news on that Bioshock trailer? dillonthebunny 35 4,365 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Piracy Thread Explaination Norrec 1 815 08-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  The official Gaming Deals thread. Mr. SunburnMan 2 3,451 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Norrec
  PSX Extreme News - Now Updated Throughout the Day BuddyC 14 1,724 04-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BuddyC
  Socom 2 stats thread... Kaged 17 1,819 01-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Kaged