Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Playing This Weekend?
Just got my third character to level 20 in destiny 2, so I can now join all the factions which is cool. 

I have so many games that I've not even tried yet, so as a goal I will try at least one new game every other day until I've done them all, lol.

Today was neon drive, had some fair reviews and I brought it ages ago... So yeah, I really wish I hadn't. It was dreadful. Just why! Is it a music game? Music was rubbish. Driving game? Couldn't drive. Puzzle game? Only puzzle I found was why did I buy this. 

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Good to hear from you again dillon after how many years? Sounds like you're in a similar situation as in the past, too many games too little time! I just play a game on my kindle fire called hay day. Joined a competitive group so it's been neat finishing first out of 15 the last month. Let us know how life and gaming are treating you. Although it's been about 3 years since I played a video game it doesn't sound like much has changed.
Three years? Good god man! Lol.. nothing taking your fancy or you just beyond busy? Good to hear from you too btw!

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

Sold everything but my ps3, just not doing it anymore.
Fair enough, I went the opposite way, lol.. brought a pro.

I expect part of the reason the participation here ended is people stopped playing video games a lot. Raising families, going to school, etc etc. Bet a lot of these same people are a lot older too lol. This forums been around a loooong time.
I'd wager it's also because of the old management, and very little focus on promoting the forums. I'm going to try and fix that soon.
(10-02-2017, 05:29 PM)Sidular Wrote: I'd wager it's also because of the old management, and very little focus on promoting the forums. I'm going to try and fix that soon.

I think I can guarantee that, Ben was a nice person but definitely wasn't concerned about the forums here.  Arnold was superb at getting people to come here and participate, he was easily the best at getting this forum pumping!  Its great to see Ryan and Dillon participating again, they are longtime stalwarts who are very knowledgeable about the gaming/technology world!
Well it's Ryan's review that I saw on metacritic that got me back here, last I heard psxe was wasteland, I had no idea about the new management and focus.. I'm excited!

In the old days when people didn't want to talk about games they would just start a thread and chat, I miss that. So I'm really stoked about the new direction of the place.

I think once people understand the changes that we will get some quality folk in here.. I'll be spreading the word for sure.

Yeah, for sure dude. I feel like a ton of our older members aren't even aware that PSXE is back up and running again. I'm hoping they'll just casually come back and check the site out again, and see new content. Either that, or they'll find us on social media and see updated content through there.

It's super cool that you ended up finding PSXE again through Metacritic. They actually said they'd reevaluate the site in November/December, so it was a definitely a pleasant surprise to see the site listed on there again. We've been focusing heavily on reviews for that reason, and should have daily content going again in the near future.

There's also a pretty big platform change coming up, where we'll end up moving the entire site over to WordPress, which is a significantly more modern platform than what we've got now. I mean, have you seen our backend? Holy crap, just no. The fact Ben and all the other poor and unfortunate editors had to use that backend for all these years is absolutely astonishing. It also shows how devoted they were to the site.

Anyway, as far as current editors go, I'm the new Editor in Chief here, with Chris acting as Managing Editor. Ryan's specific title is thus far undecided, though he suggested Review Editor. So that's probably what he'll become moving forward.

Honestly, I'm really hopeful of a bright future with PSXE. This site used to be just as big as IGN back in the day, with millions of visitors each month. It's going to take a lot to restore numbers like that, but I feel like it's definitely possible. PSXE has made a name for itself, and is pretty iconic within the gaming industry. I really want to see things grow again, and have some amazing plans for the site moving forward. The first major thing I will be doing is just modernizing the whole thing by moving the site over to WordPress. There will also be a new website design/template that's similar to the one we have now, while still being different enough to provide a modern flare.

Once the site's been modernized, daily activity will start to happen, just like the good old days. Then, we'll focus on traffic. Right now, traffic is at an all time low, mostly because no one is discovering our new content due to outdated tech used on the site. So the simple act of moving to WordPress could potentially triple our daily traffic.

Anyway, I gotta get going for now. Let me know if you guys have any questions about me, and my goals with PSXE. I'm an open book. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing Right Now? dillonthebunny 5,624 505,572 07-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: farfus
  What Are You Playing? PC Edition The Benny (Macho) 15 2,431 08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 3,833 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,663 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,421 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,554 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,296 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 1,868 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 2,604 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142
  So which Console Owns Most Of Your Playing Time? PlaystationFan 17 2,202 05-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Tosser00